We’ve set up a Just Giving page to subsidise the cost of providing information, advice and support plus professional decluttering, organising and other services to vulnerable individuals and families with hidden disabilities and complex needs who urgently require practical help and support and can’t afford to pay for it.
For example, we regularly hear from individuals and concerned family members, friends or neighbours about properties where:
- Heating and hot water systems don’t work, and can’t be repaired until piles of belongings have been to removed to create safe access to boilers, radiators, pipes or water tanks. There’s often little or no money to pay for the project, and the individual’s health deteriorates as a result.
- A mother/father/relative/neighbour can’t go home after an operation because it’s too unsafe due to clutter (having large quantities of things is a common reason for “delayed discharge” from hospital – also known as bed-blocking).
In virtually all cases, the people affected have hidden disabilities such as ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, mental illness (eg. anxiety, depression, PTSD, OCD, self-neglect, low self-esteem, lack of confidence, etc), acquired brain injury etc, as well as other chronic health issues – they desperately need specialist practical help and support, but sadly can’t afford it.
So, your kind donations to the Hoarding Ice-Breaker Form will contribute to the cost of (for example):
- Specialist services offered by Professional Hoarding Practitioners and members of the Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers (APDO)
- Services by trusted trades people – eg. plumbers, electricians, carpenters, etc
- Empathetically assisting people with hidden disabilities to prepare for and attend diagnostic assessments, Care Needs Assessments, benefits application assessments, reviews, appeals, etc. Under-estimating the importance of providing plenty of detail is the most common problem that leads to unsuccessful assessment outcomes.
So, please, help make a difference to someone today – donate whatever you can and we’ll do the rest – your kind donation might just save lives.
Thank you. x
#declutter #hoardinghelp #firekills #stigma #neurodiversity #mentalhealth #ExecutiveDysfunction #ADHD #Autism #hiddendisabilities #Dyslexia #Dyspraxia #safety #hoarding #clutter #Autistic #JustGiving #kindness #help #support #donate #neurodevelopmental #ExecutiveFunctioning #home
To help raise awareness of the Hoarding Ice-Breaker Form, we’ve created some rather snazzy products featuring our clutter-wise owl – clever Trevor!
We’ve made sure the items are as environmentally friendly and practical as possible, and/or take up as little space as possible, so they don’t create extra clutter!
Profits from the sale of this merchandise (designed by Cherry Rudge – creator of the Hoarding Ice-Breaker Form) will be equally split between:
- supporting people in need of practical advice, help and support who are unwaged or low waged and wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford to pay for the services of Professional Organisers or Professional Hoarding Practitioners
- the Fastminds Adult ADHD Support Group in Kingston-upon-Thames (London), of which Cherry is a Trustee
Should you wish to order products in different languages, or printed copies of the Hoarding Ice-Breaker Form, or would like to adapt the products or form for special use by your organisation, please get in touch by email us: firstname.lastname@example.org