Big thank you to someone at a well-known UK national charity for giving the Hoarding Ice-Breaker Form a glowing review.
“I absolutely love the form you have created. I think it is an excellent tool which will help people to identify themselves as having issues with hoarding / acquiring. We do receive requests for help where people do hoard items, typically, it may start off as holding on to sentimental items, but over time builds up and up to completely overwhelm them. By the time they have spoken with us, they could have been living like that for a long time and become isolated too, as they never let anyone enter their home and obviously, this has a detrimental effect on their mental health.
It can be very difficult for someone to identify themselves as a hoarder, I find that they often feel anxious and ashamed of themselves. They always lack the confidence to seek support. Your form provides people with an opportunity to create the narrative to seek help. You have been very sensitive in creating the tick boxes and reference images too. I really do think the form is very well thought out, and will be very useful indeed”.
Follow us on social media, where we post and share information about what events we’re involved with, what we’ve been up to, as well as health and other topics related to hoarding, clutter and disorganisation
The Hoarding Ice-Breaker Form gets around! Come and say “hello” to us as the following events:
- Please contact us if you’d like us to attend or speak at your event
- Monday 14th October 2019 – Mental Health Awareness evening at Coombe Girls School, Kingston. Organised by The Grove Medical Centre, in association with Fastminds Adult ADHD Support Group #ADHDAwarenessMonth
- Saturday 21st September 2019 – Fastminds Neurodiversity Festival, Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey, UK
- Saturday 20th July 2019 – Surrey Fire & Rescue HQ Service Open Day, Reigate, Surrey
- Fastminds Neurodiversity Festival, Kingston-Upon-Thames
- Walton-on-Thames Fire Station Open Day
#HoardingIceBreakerForm #Health #MentalHealth #Hoarding #Cluttered #Disorganised #Declutter #GP #Help #IceBreaker #NeuroDiverse #Decluttering #HelpingHoarders